If you are buying a gift for a Star Wars fan, you might be thinking their eyes will light up with happiness no matter what Star Wars themed trinket you give them. And you might be right.
But did you know there is an official collector’s list of Hasbro Rogue One toys so devotees can make sure they have every one of the Rogue One Star wars action figures and toys?
If you are a Star Wars fan, then of course you knew that.
However, if you don’t understand Star Wars, but you need to buy a gift for a Star Wars fan, then you’ve come to the right place!
Because whether your galactic gift opener is a serious collector or just a kid who digs Star Wars, you want to be the person that gave them the “cool” gift.
To do that, you need a little basic knowledge about what’s hot in the Star Wars realm. Are your eyes glazing over yet? 🙄 Don’t worry, this won’t be a snoozer.
This post is just a bit of information about the Hasbro Rogue One toys and the characters they represent to help you make an intelligent decision about which toys to buy for your enthusiast.
Like Obi-Wan Kenobi said to Luke, “You’ve taken a step into a larger world.”
And if it’s any consolation, I’ve taken that step right there with you because I married a Star Wars fan.
We spend loads of time finding cool stuff kids will love! Just a heads up that the links on this page take you to Amazon and if you buy something through a link, we may get a small commission (but you don’t pay more – Fist Bump!). Read more about how that works here.
The Movie – Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
The first thing you need to know is that the movie on which the Hasbro Rogue One toys are based, came out in December of 2016.
In anticipation of the movie, Hasbro Rogue One toys were released earlier in 2016. The Rogue One movie toys were hot gift items for Star Wars fans last year and still are this year.
Sidenote: If you want to score some cool points with your Star Wars fan, work the movie quote, “Rebellions are based on hope,” casually into a conversation.
The nice thing is that many of them are pretty inexpensive now, so you can make someone really happy for a relatively small amount of money.
Hasbro Rogue One Toys on the Hasbro Collector’s List
Of course, many of Hasbro Rogue One toys from the official Hasbro Collector’s list are from the Rogue One movie. But a few are actually from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the movie from 2015.
And there are even some from the animated Disney XD television series, Star Wars: Rebels, also produced by Lucasfilm.
Didn’t know there was a Star Wars based cartoon? That’s another little tidbit you can work into conversation to impress your Star Wars aficionado (if you want more information on that series, you can read about it here).
But back to the Hasbro Rogue One toys. Here are each of the items on the Hasbro Official Collector’s Checklist and a little information about each character. By the way, these are all recommended for ages 4 and up, except where I’ve noted differently.
Star Wars Rogue One 3.75″ Action Figures
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)™
- Jyn is a character from Rogue One. She’s a fighter in the Rebel Alliance (those are the good guys).
- Jyn is described as an “impetuous, defiant warrior” – at least that’s how Hasbro describes her. Basically, a bit of a hot head with good intentions.
- She’s the heroine of the movie, so if you’re Star Wars fan is a girl, this Star Wars Rogue One 3.75 ” action figure is a must-have. (#GirlPower!)
- K-2SO (pronounced Kay-Tuesso) is also from Rogue One. He’s a droid who used to be part of the Empire (the bad guys), but has been reprogrammed to be loyal to the alliance. So he can hang with the bad guys and find out all the war strategy dirt and report back to the good guys.
- Essentially, he’s a robot spy, which is pretty cool.
- I loved this character in the movie so if I were a kid and a Stars Wars fan, this is the Hasbro Rogue One toy I would want!
Kanan Jarrus™ (Stormtrooper Disguise)
- Kanan is from the Star Wars: Rebels Disney series.
- He’s a Jedi Knight (a good guy) who survived a war where some Clones wiped out all the Jedis. In one of the story lines from the show, he infiltrates the Imperial Forces and that’s why his figure comes with a Stormtrooper suit (more about Stormtroopers later).
- The figure comes with a “three-part Force effect launching gauntlet”. Yeah, I don’t know what that is either, but it seems to be a pretty interesting looking weapon that helps him fight the bad guys.
Imperial Ground Crew™
- This figure is from Rogue One. The Ground Crew guys are basically the pit crew for the Death Star (the bad guys).
- The figure has handheld beacons, like the kind aircraft marshalers use to direct planes from the runway. I suppose galactic traffic can get pretty heavy for the folks making a run for ruler of the universe.
- He also has some removable flight gear that fits on his back, which adds to the play value of this Hasbro Rogue One toy figure.
- Next on the Hasbro Rogue One toys list is the Imperial Stormtrooper.
- These are the soldiers for the Empire, sent to carry out the bidding of Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, or whichever evil overlord is in vogue.
- The Stormtroopers make appearances in most of the movies, but for this release of figures, they are from Rogue One. The Stormtrooper figure comes with breakaway armor and a blaster.
- Sabine is from the Rebel animated series and was one of the first to rise up against the empire.
- Her talents include bomb making and graffiti artistry, both of which she uses only for good.
- Her figure comes with a zipline accessory which could be fun to play with. Because when you blow up something, then tag it so they know it was you, you might need to skedaddle.
- Kylo is from The Force Awakens and is a dark warrior with an emo side. The guy’s got issues.
- He comes with a projectile weapon with a blast of Evil Force coming out of it. Honestly, the thing looked like a fancy mop to me, but what do I know about The Force?
- When you’re buying Hasbro Rogue One toys, you have to get a bad guy along with a good guy so your Star Wars fan can recreate the epic battles. So, as villians go, Kylo is a pretty good one.
Hasbro Rogue One Toys Deluxe 2-Packs
The next three Hasbro Rogue One toys on the Hasbro official collector’s checklist are 2-packs.
These are pretty cool because they include a good guy and a bad guy, and as we mentioned above, if you’re going to play with action figures, you really need to have both for maximum play value. I mean, if there was no conflict, what are they going to do – go nerf herding together?
According to my husband, a Star Wars fan would get that joke.
Imperial Death Trooper™ & Rebel Commando Pao™
- Death Troopers are basically the CIA for the bad guys. Pao is a rebel leader who looks like a turtle without his shell.
- Pao is known for his shrieking battle cry and so the jaws of the figure open and close – a bit like a snapping turtle.
- Pao has a backpack and a weapon and Death Trooper has a bad looking double cannon blaster. Both of these characters are from Rogue One.
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader™ & Moroff™
- These characters are also from Rogue One.
- Moroff is a Yeti looking species that fights for the rebel cause and of course, Scarif is a Stormtrooper (if you’ve been paying attention, then you know the Stormtroopers are the bad guys).
- Moroff comes with a pretty impressive harnessed double missile weapon that looks like it could kick some serious Imperial butt.
Poe Dameron™ & First Order Snowtrooper Officer™
- Poe is a leader of the resistance, a pilot, and on the side of the good guys.
- He’s got a consternated look on his plastic little face, but I imagine fighting the Dark Force is a worrisome job, so who can blame him? My husband says he made absolutely no difference in The Force Awakens, but I’m hoping his good looks get him a little further in the upcoming The Last Jedi movie.
- The second figure in this Hasbro Rogue One toys pack is a Snowtrooper, which is basically a Stormtrooper with long johns on under his armor.
Rogue One Movie Toys – 3.75 ” Action Figures Plus Vehicle
The next set of Hasbro Rogue One toys from the Hasbro Star Wars Rogue One Collector’s list are pretty cool because they include a vehicle AND a character. These are all Star Wars Rogue One 3.75″ action figures.
Hera Syndulla’s A-Wing ™ with Hera Syndulla™ (Phoenix Leader)
- Hera is from the Rebels TV show.
- She’s captain of her own ship, fights the bad guys, and nurtures and encourages her crew. Basically, she’s a mom in an SUV.
- Oh, another cool thing about each of these vehicles is they shoot nerf darts! I could steal one from my kids and turn it on them when they’re annoying me (insert evil laugh here). All of these vehicle Hasbro Rogue One toys are the perfect size for kids to hold in their hands and zoom around too.
Y-Wing Scout Bomber™ with Kanan Jarrus™
- Kanan is a Jedi (a good guy) and is from the Rebels TV series.
- The vehicle he comes with has some fun features, like the floor pops out, the engines come off, and the wings move up and down.
- Because of all the cool features of the Y-Wing, I feel this vehicle has the best play value for the price, out of the other vehicle toys on our our Hasbro Rogue One Movie Toys list.
Rey’s Speeder (Jakku) with Rey (Jakku)™
- Next on the list of Hasbro Rogue One toys is Rey’s Speeder, which she built herself, from scraps on her home planet, Jakku. (I know this because, married to Star Wars fan).
- Rey was introduced to fans in the 2015 movie, The Force Awakens.
- Play value aside, this figure is my favorite because her Speeder is like a big, fancy motorcycle and secretly I want one. That pocket on the side for picking up salvage bits would come in handy if I were to take it out shopping. But alas, I’m not a 3.75” action figure.
First Order Snowspeeder with First Order Snowtrooper™
- The Snowtroopers are Stormtroopers built for cold weather.
- These are fashioned after The Force Awakens characters, although Stormtroopers have been in nearly all of the Star Wars movies.
- The Snowspeeder vehicle has room for two figures and their hands can grasp the launcher for realistic play.
Desert Landspeeder with Finn™
- Finn is also a character from The Force Awakens. He was a Stormtrooper, but had an “I-could-have-had-a-V8” moment and now he fights for the good guys.
- His Mad Max style vehicle is definitely the coolest looking of the Rogue One Movie toy vehicles in our list.
- The Finn action figure is very realistic looking, right down to the worn clothing one would expect on a guy blazing through the sandy desert in an open-air vehicle.
TIE Striker™ with Imperial TIE Fighter Pilot™
- The TIE Striker and figure are from the 2016 Rogue One movie.
- TIE fighters are bad guys, fighting for the Imperial, but they have cool-looking ships.
- The wings on the TIE Striker toy go up and down and fighter pilot fits inside the cockpit which adds to the play value of these Rogue One Movie toys.
Rebel U-Wing Fighter™ with Captain Cassian Andor™
- Cassian is also from the Rogue One movie. He’s one of the good guys and a pilot.
- His vehicle transports troops to fight the Empire Forces. The Rebel U-Wing toy is the largest of the Rogue One Movie toy vehicles and figures on the Hasbro collector’s list and is priced a bit higher than the other sets.
- It features landing gear that pops out from the bottom and wings that deploy to a full 36-inch span. The wings can be moved to a number of different angles, which adds to the playing experience.
The Granddaddy of Rogue One Movie Toys
Next on our list of Rogue One movie toys from the Hasbro collector’s list has to be the coolest Star Wars toy ever. Speaking from the perspective of a non-Star Wars aficionado, that is.
It’s an All Terrain Armored Cargo Transport vehicle. If you saw the original Star Wars movie from the late 70’s, you’ll remember these guys.
This puppy (it does look like a big ‘ole dog, doesn’t it?) is battery operated and walks, lights up, and makes the familiar “PEW-PEW” noise we remember so fondly from the original film. AND its head moves back and forth when it walks, just like in the movie.
Take a look at it from our Amazon link and you’ll see a video showing it in action. Go ahead, we’ll wait.
Way cool, right? My husband has been trying to get me to to buy him a Stormtrooper suit for years (yeah right, $2000!). I think this toy will become his new fascination. And what’s really great is the price has come down to nearly half what it was when it was first released in 2016.
Star Wars Rogue One 12-inch Figures
Each of the Hasbro Star Wars Rogue One 12-inch figures has a movable head, hands, shoulder and hip joints, but the knees and elbows do not bend.
So they’re a nice size for action play, but it should be noted that they are not very poseable. This is more of an issue for collectors who like to display their figures. For kids who just want to play with them it’s really not an issue.
Dueling Rogue One Movie Toys
These two dueling additions to the Hasbro Rogue One toys are pretty cool! Here’s some fun features of these two toys:
- A light saber is sculpted to their hand and when you press the figure’s legs together, it lights up and moves up and down.
- The figures also make light saber and fighting sounds.
- The Darth Vader figure makes the unforgettable Vader breathing noises at times, which is awesome!
- Both Rogue One movie toys take one AA battery to work.
Star Wars Rogue One 12-inch Figures with Vehicles
There’s no doubt that having a vehicle and figure adds to the play value for kids. For only a few dollars more than the figure alone, these Star Wars Rogue One 12-inch figures with a vehicle sets are well worth the money.
These 12 -inch combos are a great size for 4 and 5 year old Star Wars fans because they take a beating well and aren’t easily lost. Of course, older kids like them too.
Star Wars Rogue One Black Series Figures
The Star Wars Black Series figures 6-inch figures and vehicles are known for their nice detailing. Here are some other cool features of the Star Wars Rogue One Black Series Figures that make them great gifts for Star Wars fans:
- Like other Black Series releases, these are beautifully detailed, right down to wrinkles and worn marks on their clothing.
- The star Wars Rogue One Black Series figures are also completely poseable, including the elbows and knees, so kid can arrange them in numerous ways to recreate their favorite scenes from the movies or television show.
- They’re really decorative enough to display on a shelf and are popular with collectors. The vehicles even come with a display stand.
- Although rated for age 4 and up, younger kids may not appreciate the detail of these. You might want to save them for slightly older Star Wars fans, such as age 7 and up.
Star Wars The Black Series Rogue One Sergeant Jyn ErsoStar Wars The Black Series Rogue One Captain Cassian AndorStar Wars The Black Series Rogue One K-2SO 6-inch figureStar Wars The Black Series Rogue One Imperial Death TrooperStar Wars The Black Series Rogue One Kylo Ren UnmaskedStar Wars Rogue One Black Series Rebel U-Wing FighterStar Wars Rogue One Black Series Titanium Series TIE StrikerStar Wars Rogue One Black Series Imperial Cargo Shuttle SW-0608Star Wars Black Series Imperial Death Trooper & Rebel Commando
Light Sabers are Cool Hasbro Rogue One Toys
- There is only one Light Saber on the Collector’s List of Hasbro Rogue One Toys.
- It is made accurately according to the one in the movie and has pretty impressive lights and sound effects.
- It’s 45 inches long and take 3 AA batteries to function.
- Older kids will have a blast recreating battles of good and evil with these. It’s recommended for ages 14 years and up.
These Hasbro Rogue One Toys Make Good Stocking Stuffers
Micro Machines are teeny little Star Wars toys that are pretty cool to collect. There is a combination of several figures and vehicles in one little pack.
They’re small so they travel well and are easy to throw in a pouch and take on a plane or car ride to keep a young Star Wars fan occupied for a bit. And because of their small price, they make inexpensive stocking stuffers too.
These are the six Micro Machine packs on the Hasbro Rogue One toys Collector’s list.
Rogue One Micro Machines Assault on Scarif PackRogue One Micro Machines Fight the Imperial Might PackRogue One Micro Machines Mandalorian Melee PackRogue One Micro Machines Imperial Attack 3-PackRogue One Micro Machines High Speed Rebel Raid 3-PackRogue One Micro Machines Rebel Pursuit 3-Pack
Hasbro Rogue One Toys Voice Changer Helmets
Kids can get inside the brain of their favorite Star Wars bad guys with these cool voice changer helmets.
The idea for these helmets is that you put them on, push a button and speak and sound like a Stormtrooper.
The Imperial Stormtrooper helmet seems to be more of a collector’s item than a kids toy, judging from the sound quality of the voice changer. But check the reviews and form your own opinion on that. It’s for kids age 8 and up.
The Imperial Death Trooper Voice Changer mask is priced much lower and is for kids age 5 and up. The sound quality isn’t much better than the Stormtrooper helmet, but since it’s a lower price and for younger kids, it would be a fun toy for cosplay or Halloween. I’ve put both below so you can check them out.
And that, my fellow friends who don’t understand Star Wars, is the end of our list of Hasbro Rogue One Toys on the official Hasbro Collector’s List.
Star Wars’d out you are, hmmmm? (#YodaVoice)
We hope this little trip into the larger world of galactic good and evil helps you find the perfect gifts for Star Wars fans on your list.
And if you have any doubts about whether a cool Rogue One movie toy and a casually mentioned movie quote will impress your beloved Star Wars fan, let me tell you a story.
While writing this article, I kept asking my husband random questions about the Imperial Army and the Alliance. His response was, “I have never loved you more than this moment.”
So there you have it.
Credit: Due to my limited knowledge on the topic, I need to credit my husband with some of the facts of this article. Also, this Star Wars site was very helpful in explaining who the characters are and what the pictured accessories are. If you want to look at the official Hasbro Collector’s List of Rogue One toys, you can find it here.